Although millions of people use smartphones, tablets, and laptops connected to wi-fi networks without a second thought, new research suggests that in people with wireless sensitivities, being near the signal could be causing serious health problems, similar to the symptoms of a food allergy.

TheBarrie Examinercalls sensitivity to wireless signals “Like a peanut allergy you can’t see.” On Monday, about 45,000 teachers who belong to the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (OECTA) called for schools to stop using Wi-Fi until more research has been done.

Some parents of kids who attend schools with Wi-Fi available have claimed that their children have suffered from symptoms such as headaches, nausea, vertigo, dizziness, a racing heartbeat, fevers, nosebleeds, skin rashes, and memory loss. Some parents found that their kids’ symptoms only started after the school installed Wi-Fi, and disappeared on days they didn’t attend school.

Another worry is that radiation from wireless devices could be carcinogenic. Health Canada published a statement last December expressing concern over the potential risks of wireless technology and radio frequency (RF) energy.

Dr. Jennifer Armstrong, whose patients include many people with chemical and environmental allergies, says “I believe people who are chemical-sensitive, might have an electromagnetic sensitivity as well.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}