Within seconds of receiving solid food for the first time, a 6-month-old baby had an allergic reaction, prompting a call to 911 for emergency help.

Firefighters on the scene recognized the symptoms and immediately administered ephinephrine, allowing the child to continue breathing.

Baby since diagnosed with multiple food allergies

The baby, named Henry, had swelled up in the face and neck after the reaction. The reaction was to an egg, which his mother fed to him as his first solid food.

Henry’s doctor has since tested and diagnosed the baby with several food allergies, including eggs, dairy and nuts.

Henry’s parents say he is doing fine. The Reading, Massachusetts, family now has their hands full learning about food allergies to keep Henry safe.

Source: Yahoo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}