Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

1 year old, new diagnosis

Usually, if I cannot find the information I try to avoid the food. Most of the time you will be able to find processing info where the allergy warnings are. It can be difficult and frustrating. I understand!

I am in the same boat Heather. My now 13 month old was diagnosed a few weeks ago. I read on food allergy.org that sunflower seed oil is unsafe because the sunflower seeds are often processed where peanuts are. I have found that in so many packaged foods! I have resorted to paleo cooking (minus the nuts) to make sure I know exactly what is in the food Im serving my daughter!

I am in the same boat Heather. My now 13 month old was diagnosed a few weeks ago. I read on food allergy.org that sunflower seed oil is unsafe because the sunflower seeds are often processed where peanuts are. I have found that in so many packaged foods! I have resorted to paleo cooking (minus the nuts) to make sure I know exactly what is in the food Im serving my daughter!

Rlferguson,

Its come down to how much I want to use a product. I contact the manufacturer for the info if its not crystal clear on the label that its safe for her. If I cannot obtain the info I need I just avoid the product. Im perfectly content with being the annoying neurotic mother because its my job to protect her life! I have found most major brands to be forthcoming, many of which use a ""may contain"" statement. I have found some smaller brands where the entire brand of product lines is a possible CC risk so I just dont but those products anymore. Be wary of things you hear, as there are many opinions and theories tossed around as factual fear factors. Just do the research yourself and discuss it with your doc or allergist to confirm. Brooke hit the nail on the head with ""frustrating""! It gets easier, I promise!!!