Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

1 year old with newly diagnosed peanut allergy

No you are not crazy and no you are not alone!! Most of us Moms went crazy for a while after the diagnosis. It is scary! Check out FAANs website and see if there is a local support group in your area. it is wonderful! Plus, check out books from the library and learn all about it. It DOES get easier as time goes on, trust me. My son had been to the ER 3 times, and I was a MESS!! I swear I found out right before the summer and we stayed in for like 3 months. I was scared to take him anywhere! But now we do just about everything, I just bring wipes with us, epi-pen, safe food, snacks and try to relax and enjoy life. Good luck!

My daughter almost died from an exposure...I am a wreck, my husband still thinks I over react.
I wouldnt let the other one eat peanuts...unless you like the kid that eats peanuts.

@ Kristin. I found out the day before Thanksgiving that my 14 month old son had a severe peanut allergy. We were at the allergist getting a flu shot because of his egg allergy and asthma. It was a complete shock and am still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. I have 2 older boys with no allergies that loved to eat peanut butter everyday. We have taken the peanut butter out of the house. I figure our home has to be the safest place. When the boys go to friends houses they can eat peanut butter if served but they are to wash themselves very well before they come home! We have not had a reaction but I am terrified as well reading all the things that other moms right. I know it will happen someday. We dont know exactly how bad it is but the allergist said it was pretty big and developing. You are not alone in hoe you feel. My husband at first wasnt as vigilant as I was but after he talked with a nurse about it he became much more on board.