Forum

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:BoardsBoards: SchoolsHandwashing in School
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Handwashing in School

PreviousPage 2 of 2

faithfamilycoffee: I am sorry that you are struggling with this. You said that your son is severely allergic to peanuts/tree nuts. He also has multiple food allergies in addition to peanuts/tree nuts. Are the other allergies life threatening as well even if comes into skin contact? I hear the worry in your comments. I am sorry. What does your doctor recommend? I would speak with him/her. Do you have a 504 for your child? What do you do when you leave the house to go to other places.... playground, grocery store, friends houses? Washing his own hands before eating anything, and not touching his eyes etc is huge. This will cut the risk of ingestion of the allergen way down I would think. Does your doctor recommend home schooling? For me and my son, we do everything we can to avoid an anaphylactic reaction. We are not careless. We just deal with the smaller reactions. Unless we stop him from going out of the house all together the risk cant be avoided. My son plays sports and is in band. Bottom line is YOU have do what you are comfortable with. If homeschooling will put your mind at ease.... then do it. How does your son feel about it? Wish you luck..

PreviousPage 2 of 2