For those with peanut allergies, baked goods present a serious risk. Many baked goods do not appear to contain peanuts, yet were baked in a facility that also processes peanut ingredients, making cross-contamination a possibility. These traces of peanuts may not be seen, smelled, or even tasted once in the baked goods. For this reason, many people with severe peanut allergies avoid store-bought baked goods entirely, instead choosing to make their own at home to reduce the risk.
Are you craving chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven? Maybe you’re after warm, gooey brownies or another chocolate treat.
Chocolate chips are a staple in every baker’s kitchen. Those with peanut allergies must be careful to avoid chocolate chips containing traces of peanuts. To be peanut-free, the chocolate chips must be processed on their own line, away from anything containing peanuts, peanut butter, or other peanut ingredients.
This rules out many of the brands typically found in the grocery store. However, there are alternatives for those who are shopping for chocolate chips and are allergic to peanuts. One of the most popular nut-free chocolate companies is Enjoy Life Foods> which sells several varieties of chocolate chips through their online store.
Enjoy Life Foods loves creating chocolate products that are free of the 14 most common allergens. You can find Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips and so much more at their website.
More Peanut-Free Foods You Will Enjoy
- Craving Chocolate? Here is Some Delicious Peanut-Free Chocolate Just For You
- Here Are Some Tasty Peanut Butter Alternatives
- Peanut-Free Candy And Candies To Avoid
- Enjoy These Favorite Peanut-Free Ice Creams
- Peanut-Free Cookies You Can Indulge In And Ones You Should Avoid
- Make A Delectable Cake With These Peanut-Free Cake Mixes
- Peanut-Free Snacks That Your Kids Will Enjoy
- Deliciously Delectable Peanut-Free Desserts
- Here are Some of the Best Peanut-Free Cakes
- How To Indulge In Peanut-Free Cupcakes