Are you craving cake? Perhaps there’s an upcoming birthday or holiday celebration that calls for cupcakes? These treats are a mainstay at children’s birthday parties and other special occasions. Yet those with peanut allergies know that baked goods tend to be among their riskiest food choices since so many baked goods do contain peanut ingredients. Many people with severe peanut allergies avoid store-bought cupcakes entirely due to the risk of cross-contamination.
Virtually no cupcakes available in grocery stores are peanut-free. The vast majority of grocery store bakeries do bake with peanuts, making the potential for cross-contamination very likely. There are some peanut-free bakeries in major cities; this is your best option if you’re looking to purchase ready-made peanut-free cupcakes.
In order to completely avoid peanuts in baked goods such as cupcakes, it may be necessary to bake them at home. Look for a peanut-free cake mix, and just add oil and eggs for delicious peanut-free cupcakes. One popular brand of peanut-free cake mix is Cherrybrook Kitchen. It’s available at Whole Foods and online.
Some varieties of boxed cake mixes by major brands are also peanut-free; check the label for any warning that the ingredients were processed in a facility that handles peanuts. Bake peanut-free cupcakes using boxed mixes from Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, or Pillsbury, many of which are considered safe for those with peanut allergies. Don’t forget about frosting; while it’s easy to make homemade peanut-free frosting, if you’re in a hurry many store-bought flavors from Betty Crocker are peanut-free.
More Peanut-Free Foods You Will Enjoy
- Craving Chocolate? Here is Some Delicious Peanut-Free Chocolate Just For You
- Here Are Some Tasty Peanut Butter Alternatives
- Enjoy These Favorite Peanut-Free Ice Creams
- Peanut-Free Cookies You Can Indulge In And Ones You Should Avoid
- Make A Delectable Cake With These Peanut-Free Cake Mixes
- Peanut-Free Candy And Candies To Avoid
- Here’s What To Look For When Buying Peanut-Free Chocolate Chips
- Peanut-Free Snacks That Your Kids Will Enjoy
- Deliciously Delectable Peanut-Free Desserts
- Here are Some of the Best Peanut-Free Cakes